Porcelain brackets are a type of aesthetic brackets
Porcelain or ceramic brackets are a typology of aesthetic brackets. They are not the only types of aesthetic brackets, but they are the most commonly used brackets. You can see all types of aesthetic brackets in this section.
Porcelain brackets are exact reproductions of traditional metal brackets but of the color of the teeth, so that they are more aesthetic. They can be a great alternative to metal brackets or transparent aligners if you keep them properly. Ceramic or porcelain brackets are more discrete than metallic brackets and move teeth faster than cosmetic aligners.
Metal brackets are very common in adolescence, and as much as adults can give a youthful touch not everyone wants to go through that trance, that’s what aesthetic options are for. There are many options, and you can carry the one that best suits you. Think about the purpose of the brackets. The result is worth it, only you decide the option that best suits your tastes and needs. Orthodontists are here to apply the best option within your limits.
Visit our clinics to explain your case. On the first visit we will perform a dental CT and a complete study, totally free of charge. In this way we will know the extent of the problem, your needs and we will be able to advise you on the different types of brackets, their advantages and disadvantages and the price of all the treatment
Do not doubt our professionalism, we will inform you about the best alternatives according to your situation. Book your visit today.
What to keep in mind in porcelain brackets?
If you’re thinking of using porcelain brackets, keep in mind that:
- Porcelain bracket treatments take longer than metallic ones. Ceramics increase friction with the arch, slowing the movement of the teeth.
- Although improved, ceramic brackets remain more fragile than metal brackets. So, sometimes they break, and you have to change some bracket.
- As with metal brackets, you should avoid taking hard or sticky foods to prevent damage.
- Porcelain brackets are not recommended in patients who practice contact sports. If this is your case, you can wear a sports protector made especially for you.
- Although more discreet, porcelain brackets are slightly larger than metallic brackets.
- They can increase the total price of treatment. The material itself is more expensive and if it breaks any bracket you have to replace it.
- It is possible to wear ceramic brackets on the teeth that look more and in the rest use metallic. This way you benefit from the advantages of both types of brackets.
- Sometimes it is necessary that the arch is metallic and will look anyway. The white arch is the same but is coated with Teflon (which is white), but it still increases friction and takes longer to make effective tooth movement.
Maintenance of ceramic brackets:
For the good maintenance of porcelain brackets it is important to take into account the following:
- Clean the brackets correctly: Use a manual brush after each meal with a non-whitening toothpaste. You should also floss at least once a day.
- Be careful with the makeup.
- Trust yourself this can seem very difficult, especially when your family and friends don’t wear brackets, but it’s critical to be positive as porcelain brackets are less noticeable.
- The patient regularly sees the orthodontist to change the ligatures: the ceramic brackets go with transparent elastics, which are easily dyed according to our habits.
In our dental clinics in Barcelona and Ibiza we make you a complete study and a free dental TAG on your first visit. Access this section to see all the free services that you will have on your first visit. You can also see all of our facilities and the medical chart , since you are in the hands of the best professionals and we are using the most innovative technology.
If you have any questions use the chat page and IMOI specialists in dental orthodontics will help you
Call and book your visit for free
Barcelona 667 657 371
Eivissa 667 657 373
If you prefer, we'll call you
Book your Free visit now
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.