We are experts in treating complex patients with boneless implants or lack of dental bone and gum.
Many patients over the age of 40, who have had an accident or who have had a major infection in a tooth have a loss or are left with little bone. Tooth bone loss complicates treatment with titanium dental implants and the placement of crowns or sleeves on those titanium dental implants.
These patients without dental bone there are two ways to treat them, each with their well-defined indications. In both cases these are usual procedures for our surgeons and dentists, who routinely perform them every day in our clinics in Barcelona and Ibiza. We are talking about young patients and/or with a large loss of dental bone in their jaw and in patients who cannot wait 6 months to have titanium dental implants and dental crowns or sleeves.
Why do we make implants without dental bone to young people?
In young patients and/or with a large loss of bone in their maxilla it is best to reconstruct their bone, gaining the height and width of bone and gum necessary for you to wear titanium dental implants and crowns or covers on very aesthetic implants.
To achieve boneless implants, in IMOI we perform several techniques. These techniques aim to achieve a goal that is to reconstruct bone and gum to achieve the maximum possible dental aesthetic, using titanium dental implants and zirconium crowns or covers so that the gum and bone are perfect over the years
How do we make boneless implants?
To achieve the above objective we use the following techniques:
- Graft or bone implant. When there is not enough volume of bone in the upper jaw or mandible to place implants or we anticipate that the crowns or dental sheaths on implants will become unsightly, particles of bone is placed in small blocks to achieve a sufficient, stable and aesthetic base of the titanium dental implant and the crown. In this section you can better tell how we do dental bone grafts
- Maxillary sinus lift. It is the technique to solve the grafting of boneless implants, if there is a lack of bone in the posterior area (area of premolars and molars) of the upper jaw. In this section you can find out about this technique that we do in IMOI, about the elevation of maxillary sinuses
What are the advantages of bone implant surgery?
As we have mentioned, for performing boneless implants it is necessary to use several procedures, the postoperative should not be complicated apart from a simple discomfort and the main advantages of this type of graft or bone implant surgeries are multiple:
- They allow to reconstruct the bone, leaving it just as before it was lost.
- They allow to reconstruct the gum, leaving it with the best possible aesthetic
- They are the best choice for young patients as they allow implant placement even though new teeth are lost years after graft surgery or bone implant.
Boneless implants for people who can’t wait
For patients without dental bone who cannot wait 6 months to have titanium dental implants and dental crowns on placed implants we have several techniques that allow us to solve the problem of bone failure in the jaws without the need to graft or implant bone and without waiting so long. To achieve this goal of placing titanium dental implants and dental crowns on implants in a short time we have several techniques:
- Zygomatic implants. This type of titanium dental implants are ideal for solving the lack of premolars and molars in the upper jaw. It is a technique of choice both to place titanium dental implants and dental crowns on implants in a single session, roughly in a morning or afternoon, and to do so waiting 2 months for titanium dental implants to integrate into the bone. Access this section to know how zygomatic implants are performed in patients with little dental bone and the advantages of them.
- Dental implants with digital planning cad-cam nobelclinician. All IMOI patients treated with titanium dental implants have a T.A.C. or dental scanner that allows us to reconstruct their jaws on the computer and perform the intervention without even touching the patient. This procedure allows us to find the places where the patient has the most bone and use a guide to place the titanium dental implants in that exact position, solving the dental bone problem.
How long does the placement of multiple implants last in patients without dental bone with the cad-cam technique?
In patients with a lack of dental bone, all implants are placed in a simple 15 to 30 minute procedure, in which it is not even necessary to cut the gum or give stitches.
If the patient wishes we can place the titanium dental implants and dental crowns or sleeves on implants in the same session, in mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
The main advantages of dental implants with digital cad-cam planning are:
- They don’t need to do complex graft or bone implant surgeries.
- Dental crowns or sleeves on titanium dental implants can be placed immediately, within 24 hours.
- These are titanium dental implants placed in an area with sufficient bone, with very high survival despite the passage of time.
- The postoperative is very light, with little discomfort and allows to lead normal life immediately.
How you can compromise the professionalism of doctors is essential in these types of interventions. This is why all patients have a dental CT and a review on their first visit, totally free of charge.
You can also see our facilities and medical chart, so you can rest easy about the professionalism of our clinics if you need to have implants with little dental bone.
If you have any questions use the chat of the page and our professionals in implantology and dental aesthetics will solve your doubts.
Call and book your visit for free
Barcelona 667 657 371
Eivissa 667 657 373
If you prefer, we'll call you
Book your Free visit now
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.